Dear Familia,
Uh... I´m in denial. I don´t feel like an old missionary- so I´ve decided that it´s NOT my last transfer. I´m staying in Zaragoza with Hermana Walters. There were several missionaries that were supposed to arrive to our mission, but are serving in the states waiting for visas, so there were very few changes this transfers. The only change with the Hermanas is that a new native Spanish hermana (who obviously would not have visa problems) is going to be Hna. Church´s companion since hermana Konopinski went home. I also think that there were very few changes because on the 1st of July the Bilbao mission is dissolved and a chunk of it comes to our mission, and the Elche stake goes from our mission to the Malaga mission.
Well, this week went quickly and I can hardly even remember it right now. Ummm... I think the highlight would have to be... a Russian woman named Anastasia who is in our English class showed up on her own to church on Sunday. We invited the whole class to come and she came! She was born in Siberia actually, but lived a long time in Moscow. She´s great, so now we are going to start teaching her this week. She speaks quite a bit of English and Spanish, and there is a man in our branch who is from the Ukraine, so he speaks Russian. It´s perfect.
Well familia- this Sunday will be Father´s Day, so I am going to call home. The only trouble is the time... we have afternoon church and then we might be leaving to go to Barcelona Sunday evening (I haven´t found out yet), so I´m going to call at about 1:30pm Spain time... I´m not sure what the time difference is right now to Arizona... or California. It might be kind of early... sorry. But I´ll plan on calling at that time to the land line in Cornville. If there´s another phone you would prefer that I call- you´ll have to call me and let me know (our cell phone is 637-460-844, and I think the country code for Spain is 34...), or you could call the mission office, if that´s easier, and have them tell me. If I don´t hear anything, I´ll call the house number.
I love you all. I´m going to try Hermana Grant´s trick so you can actually see a picture this week.
Hermana Diehl
p.s. man I hope the pictures finally worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment