Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, June 21, 2010

Concilio

Mi Querida Familia,
This last week Hna. Walters and I went to the Mission Council meeting at the mission home in Barcelona.  When we became companions we joked that we were the ¨Hermana Zone Leaders¨ because we are both kind of old in the mission... actually we are 2 of the oldest 3 hermanas in the mission (time-in-mission-wise, not age-wise).  It was great to get that extra instruction from our mission president.  I just feel like I´ve always been so far away that I have never really been able to spend much time around the Hinckleys, but Hna. Walters and I were invited to stay in their house and we got up early (luckily since mom called me about my Father´s day call stuff at 6:50 in the morning... we don´t get up until 7:30 in this mission. It´s Spanish culture!) and we helped (or actually just ending up watching the ayudantes) make breakfast.  Hermana Hinckley wouldn´t let us do too much because it´s ayudante tradition to make the pancakes for concilio.
We have a woman that we´re teaching that satan does not want to get baptized.  Her name is Carla, and every time we have a cita with her it´s really great- but then we´re not able to see her for one reason or another for like a week or more.  We´re doing our best though and I know Heavenly Father will help her and us with the things that we lack.
I thought we would be going to Barcelona this morning to spend the day there and then have our Zone conference tomorrow- but we´re not leaving Zaragoza until 6:30 this evening.  Hopefully we´ll get to see a couple of nice sights in this city that I still haven´t visited.  I´ve kind of given up on letter writing- it´s not my favorite preparation day activity and my companion wants a few letter writing hours today... Maybe I´ll make myself do it because I still have some I haven´t responded to.
I love you all- I´m excited to hear more about the babies when they come (yeah!  twins!)  Send me pictures of Erin´s volleyball belly!
Love,
Hna. Diehl

No comments: