Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, June 28, 2010

Baptisms All Over The World

Hello mi familia,
No time to waste: this weeks cuenta is that we have three baptismal fechas-
Carla
from Nicaragua
Mother of 3 (her kids are in her pais)
Lives with our recent convert Carmen and another super strong member.
Told us she wants to get baptized, but we think she´s a little scared of the commitment.
She reads everything we give her, talks, chapters in the Book of Mormon, folletos, etc.
Candida
from Dominican Republic
Mother of 5, but only 2 live with her, her 18 year old slightly rebellious son Randy, and her 8 year old super cute son Christopher.
She has been prepared.  She is super humble and recognizes that she needs her Heavenly Father in her life.
Hard family life.  Husband left her for someone else.
Lived in the United States for several years... never really learned English that well.
Anastasia
from Russia
Only child. Her parents live in the Ukraine.
She´s here in Spain all alone and really likes being in the chapel with everyone.  She´s been rather lonely.  We met her because a Ukrainian man told her about our English classes.
Told us she was raised a Christian and likes to learn about the gospel and knows how important it is.
I love these women.  We have the greatest lessons with them.  I wish you could all know them too.
We went to visit with a less active family last night after church and when they opened the door the little boy was so excited and gave hna. Walters a hug.  The other little boy tried to give me this game he said he found in the street.  It was a board game and I gave it back to his grandma when he wasn´t looking.  I love teaching kids.  Sometimes they don´t really listen... not that that´s news to anyone.
Que vergüenza.  That video of us singing in the kitchen of the mission home made the blog?  Vaya.  I hate hearing myself on videos. I hope I wasn´t audible.
Thanks for the great letters Alyn and Erin.  I love to hear about your lives and your worries and your kids and your houses.  I wish I could help you.
Hey Cody, I taught the Elders in my district how to do shake-face pictures on the bus ride back from Barcelona.  We all got headaches.
The Conference was great.  President shared a miracle story about Hna. Konopinski and I started crying.  I shared my testimony and I cried again.  I don´t want to end my mission, but life must go on.
I love you all so much.  I´m sorry for all of the unanswered questions... we´ll talk later.  Make sure you all keep feeding yourselves spiritually.  Scriptures, thoughtful prayers, fulfilling your callings in church.  It´s worth it.
Hna. Diehl

No comments: