Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot

Querida Familia,

I sent the picture in its own email this week, hoping that it would work.  (thanks for the advice on ways to change the file format hna. Grant!)  One night waiting for a bus to come we saw this view of the Basilica: El Pilar.  It´s the most famous thing in this city, and quite pretty.

I loved all of the birthday blogs and pictures.  I have the most guapo neices and nephews.  I was hoping to see some more pictures of Trac...

It´s been getting hot here and I come home at night sticky and dirty from the day.  It´s okay though- I survived last summer too.  I just walk a lot in the shade and drink a lot of water.  I already have strange tan lines from my shoes, skirt, shirts.

We had a really good visit with a woman named Maria Elena.  She is evangelica and doesn´t want to get baptized again.  We took a member with us and did an activity to explain how during the apostasy and without a prophet to guide us the true church was lost, only to be found again through a restoration.  She understood what we were teaching and finally came to church.  Still don´t know if she wants to get baptized and join our church (she´s quite active in her church), but she believes that the Book of Mormon is true so we are still helping her to get that confirmation from our Heavenly Father and to recognize the spirit.  She never understood before that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate beings- I guess that church teaches that they are just one- and so we read with her when Christ was baptized and all three of them were manifested at the same time.  She told us that had always confused her and she was glad to understand it better.  I think she´s just scared to change.

I´m here in Zaragoza with Hermana Walters.  Hna. Konopinski had to go to Barcelona for her last 2 weeks because there was an hna. with health problems who had to go home.  We´re having fun.  Working hard.  I´m glad I still have some time left to be a full-time missionary!

Love you all-

Hermana Diehl



No comments: