Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bebe! y Cerezas!

Hey Familia,
I was a bit frustrated last week with the trouble trying to attach pictures.  Sorry nothing has come through lately.  I think it´s because my new camera has a lot of megapixels.  I´ll just try sending one picture at a time... maybe.  I might just give up.
We had a really good cita this week with a woman named Carla.  She is Carmen´s friend and we were teaching her about the restauration of the gospel and we were mentioning how after Christ died there was an apostasy in the world and there were many churches that formed.  She said, ¨That´s what I´d like to know!  How do I know which of all the churches is the right one?¨ It was beautiful.  She has a baptismal goal for the 12th of June.
I was so excited to hear that little Trac was born.  I laughed when I heard his name because mom had told me that Cai wanted to name his little brother Train Track.  He´s cute.  Give him a kiss from me and tell the chillens I´ll see ´em in a bit.  I was glad to hear that he and Mindy are healthy and okay.
We changed our preparation day because Abel (the man who sent the web cam information) and his wife Maria Jesus took us to this pueblo where I was able to buy some Spanish shoes (don´t worry, I didn´t buy heels- I walk like an idiot in heels) and we bought some cherries that were picked this morning and are so pretty and tasty.  They also took us out to eat at an uruguayan restaurant.  They are the best.  I found out that they believe that any chuch could have a prophet or could be true because God doesn´t pick favorites.  Years and years knowing missionaries and they still have this doubt.  I´m praying to know what I could do to help them.
I love you all.  Thanks for the letter Kori and John.  I got it last week.  Tanner is getting big and he and Spencer look so cute.
Love,
Hermana Diehl

No comments: