I hope my subject line didn´t scare anyone... in the mission we have ¨births¨ when someone first gets into the field and ¨deaths¨ when someone leaves to go home. For some reason a lot of missionaries get sent to the island to finish their mission (not ME obviously... I was ¨born¨ here). I have seen two of my district leaders, one of my zone leaders, and the district leader of the other district in my zone ¨die¨. And today is the death day of Hermana Grant. She flies to Barcelona tomorrow morning. It hasn´t really sunk in yet. In three more weeks when the transfer ends I am going to see another one of my zone leaders ¨die¨. I joke that I was born in the cemetery.
I love the pictures I´ve been able to see in the blogs. Charlie´s hair cut! Charlotte´s first slushy (that´s a big day)! Nanner and Spence together :-) (I just made myself laugh when I said Nanner.) I loved seeing Eliza´s chubby little self a couple of weeks ago as well. Thanks so much for the special blog posts to help me stay informed as to what is happening with your families. I love my family so much. Hey! Erin- are you wearing my short pants when you went slip and sliding? I can´t remember if we bought the same pants or not... it made me wonder if my room was getting invaded. Oh well. I´ve been living on half of the stuff that I´m allowed to have as a missionary anyway for almost 6 months. When I get transferred I´m going to have my stuff back. It´s going to be odd... I´ve already forgotten what I brought with me.
Thanks for your good letters every week mom and dad. I´m excited to see the new truck someday. How did you clean out the old one to trade it in? It was kind of messy... It sounds like Cai is talking so much more! Someone should make a tape to send me (I´m still working on sending one to you all.... someday.)
I have my first real zone conference with President Hinckley this Friday. I´m so excited to see him and Hermana Hinckley again. They are so great. I´m so blessed to serve in the best mission in the world!
I don´t have to much to report investigator-wise right now... estamos buscando por los eligidos todavía. [...we are searching for the elect still.]
Les quiero [I love you all],
Hermana Diehl
6 comments:
She caught ya, Erin! Ha ha!
Someone stole my broom, silverware, tupperware, other household stuff. Is anyone ready to fess up yet? hmmm?
Anyone know when Marti will come home? It seems the transfers fall on June 15th and July 27th next summer...
Since we're on the subject of stuff missing, whatever happened to my Mizuno Tennis racket while I was on my mission?? It's pretty hard to play by yourself.
You girls make me laugh. Let's see if I can remember.
I probably took Alyn's tupperware
The silverware might be in the camp trailer.
Other household stuff? Hummmm (who knows!!!)
I didn't read Marti's books either. I couldn't abide by her strict, strict rules, I will say I think she has lightened up a bit on them though.
Sorry to say I don't fit into any of you girls' clothes so that can't be me. Even though secretly I wish I could.
If anyone ended up with the tennis racquet it would have been Marti. And, she's not here to defend herself. Tennis anyone???
Dad and I now say, Whatever it is "It must have gotten lost in the MOVE." Love to ALL, Mom
I made sure they got washed and put back! I'm pretty sure I haven't permanently stolen a missionaries' stuff! I would just make sure you take care of Marti's books... she's pretty particular! I would ask Marti or Cody about the tennis raquet since they are the only 2 that have played. Since it seems everyone steals everyone's stuff I think you should all just call it even... especially since it's been years for some of you. I think the stuff is long gone by now.
Erin,
I have let go of my STUFF long ago. I just think it's funny.
And I didn't steal anyone's stuff, btw. And I doubt anyone stole yours! : )
Post a Comment