Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, August 31, 2009

Amor

¡Familia Mía!


I LOVED what mom wrote to be about the need to express our LOVE for one another more. I agree. It´s been my goal these last several weeks to love others more. I can´t convince anyone to listen to the gospel- the spirit does that. I can´t convince less-active members to start coming back to church and reading their scriptures and praying with their families. I can´t convince the members to help more with the missionary work. All I can do is love people. Sometimes I have to pray for more love and more patience, but I really have been given more of both since I´ve been a missionary! I know that Heavenly Father listens to my prayers and is blessing me so that I can help Him bless others. Luckily for me, it´s easy to love my family. I love you all so very much. I hope you´re taking good care of each other. If I were there I would do something to show you I love you (maybe I´d clean your kitchen or make you brownies or take care of your chillens)... but since I´m not you all need to do it for me. And don´t forget to give the kids kisses and tell them that I love them. I mean it. Go. You can finish reading my letter after you dispense the love.

.....


Bale. Seguimos. Thanks for the blog updates. Tanner and Eliza are getting so big! What cuties. And nice job with the knitting Alyn. Another talent with the yarn (do you still have your yard chain from years gone by?) I always liked it.


Hermana Grant (aka Melanie) si estás leyendo esta carta- te quiero mucho y te extraño mucho y quiero agradecerte por los emails que me envias cada semana. ¡Mi hermana fiel! Envie una carta a la casa de tus padres el otro día. Tienes que darme tu dirección en UT. (Estoy practicando TU... ¿como va?) Élder Laney es el nuevo Ayudante (Élder Watson está entrenando). ¿Qué bien, no?


President Hinckley has started making some bigger changes in the mission this transfer. The schedule that President Waddell used for Zone Conferences and interviews and such is getting changed and those who have been in the mission a long time are all shaken up. The ayudantes don´t know a lot of the changes until the last minute either and this seems to worry people. I have spent my whole mission on the island cut off from the normal mission society (or whatever you want to call it) so I am used to not knowing anything about what is happening.


I have finished my time. I am trying to work hard and we have a baptismal date with a woman named Maria for the 12th of September. It was a miracle.


OS QUIERO-
Hermana Diehl

No comments: