Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, August 10, 2009

Somos Solo Dos [We are Only Two]

Helloo mi familia,


Yes, Hermana Grant is gone. She sent me an email about her first week home. She got off the plane and went home for a few hours and then went to the hospital to see her first neice be born... and then she went to get set apart. What a first day home, eh?


Thanks for posting your and Nathan´s story Alyn, I really enjoyed reading it. I didn´t know quite a few of those details. And of course, thanks to all who posted pictures (Charlotte y Eliza son guapatonas... [Charlotte and Eliza are very cute]I do not know how to spell that word... Cody- puede traducir no? [Cody- can't you translate?] )


Hermana Bentley and I have been good. We have found several new investigators and are trying to help them feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for them. We are also trying to help the members feel that love as well so they have more inspiration to share this great feeling with their friends and family who aren´t members.


The conference with the Hinckleys was great. I took a picture of them eating their first kebab. I love kebab! They´re so great.


I gotta go, but I love you all more than I love kebab- take care of each other!

Hermana Diehl
p.s. sorry there´s no picture... the USB port in this locutorio computer isn´t cooperating.

1 comment:

ALYN said...

Are Kabobs just an all over Europe sort of thing? They seem to come from more middle eastern people?

Anyhow, in Greece they were Gyros with a nice fluffy bread and yogurt sauce.

In Germany they were Doner Kabobs, and the one I ate was more tortilla-ish. But the meat was still shaved off a big stack of meat on some sort of cooking device.