Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, December 7, 2009

Bautismos

Wow Familia!


We´ve been inviting everyone to get baptized this week. We are inviting all of our current progressing investigators and all of the people in our area that used to have baptismal dates (but missed them) to be baptized before Christmas. It´s been great. There have been a lot of people who want to be baptized and a lot of people who don´t… so we´ve had to stop visiting them. We studied as a mission in Moroni 7 about how angels prepare these people and we are just here to teach them and invite them. We are not the ones who do the preparing. So we are looking for the prepared ones. And we´ve found a few. A lot of the people that I was teaching in the other ward (Barrio I of Valencia) are now being taught by the Elders and many of them are going to get baptized. I feel like I was a big part of the teaching process for at least 3 of the people in that ward that will be baptized soon. It´s so great. I love being a missionary!


Alright, Alyn is telling me I might have missed the deadline to request things for Christmas… but here´s my requests if I´m not too late:


I want that lullaby CD that Charlotte has (it´s approved)


Some thick tights (not patterned), black and grey please


Some stickers of Christ (nice ones from Deseret Book probably)


A fine point black Sharpie (I love them)


More brownie mixes! They were so good.


Reeses (I miss them mucho)


I also would like another dress… but I´m not sure how feasible it is… the skirt that you sent me fit fine, but the shirt was way too big… I´ve lost some weight on the mission. Maybe DownEast has something that would be long enough? I think I wear an extra small, but maybe check that dress I have in my closet at home (if one of my sisters hasn´t stolen it…) It´s not a big deal if it doesn´t work out. Most of my clothes are getting ruined anyway.


Alright, the only other thing I wanted to tell you is how blessed I am. I love being here in Spain. I really feel like I get to be a part of bringing the gospel to all the world since everyone I teach is from a different country. There´s a man named Hermann who will be baptized this Saturday who is from Cameroon. His country is a mess and our church is not allowed in right now because of the messy political situation and how dangerous it is. The gospel is going to every nation anyways, even if we can´t send missionaries inside their borders.


I´m also blessed to have all of you for my family. I know that all of the hard work to make it to the celestial kingdom will be worth it so that I can be with all of you there familia mia! Take good care of each other and thanks for your prayers.


Hermana Diehl

3 comments:

jjediehl said...

Okay Erin, What CD is she asking for? Let me know. Thanks, Love Mom

ALYN said...

I got her:
black tights. Not very thick. Mini peanut butter cups. (will they melt?) 2 black sharpie pens. Some ultra fine sharpie markers. (including a black one) And some fine sharpie markers. (bright colors.)

The size box I'm mailing is the size of a brownie box and the cost to mail is $12.95. Should I send her a brownie recipe and assume she can buy the ingredients for less than $12.95?

I need to mail it ASAP.

jjediehl said...

That sounds like a great package Alyn with several of the things she requested. I would just send a recipe and mail it. Thanks so much for all you do. You are a GREAT big sister. Love Mom
I don't think the chocolate will melt.