Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, December 21, 2009

Feliz Navidad! TWINS!!??


Oh Family,


I am so excited for the twins. My poor little Erin is going to be huge. I never did see how Stefani looked with so much baby inside of her... and Erin is even smaller. (come to think of it, I´ve never seen Stefani´s twins... and I didn´t even know Nate and Melissa were expecting a baby... what is this madness?)


I love Christmas. I have presents from Mom and Dad in my living room under my little tree. I did open one already ´cause I wanted to wear something new for the baptism... and I found a skirt! Que suerte.


We´ve been having a white christmas because there has been a lot of snow in Spain... just not where I am. There are some Elders in my zone who are serving in Alcoy which is up in the mountains and they showed me pictures of the snowman they built. Pretty snow! But in the other sense we have also been having a white Christmas of baptisms... there were 4 in Valencia last week. Like I said before, Hermann (from Cameroon), Vanessa (Nigeria), Fabian (Equatorial Guinea), and Francisca (Paraguay) all got baptized and, although it was a crazy baptismal service, I loved it. Para que sepais, there are Spaniards in Spain... I promise. Actually we are teaching a man right now who is Spaniard. His name is David and he already looks like a member. He comes to church in his white shirt and tie and the bishop asked me if he was an investigator or if he was baptized already.


The Christmas conference was so good. I love the Hinckleys and we have the best missionaries in the world! Ya esta. And Elche is beautiful. The chapel is amazing. Alyn, you should get on the internet and look at it (or anyone else who wants to see it). If I go there again I´ll take some architectural shots for you. Amazing woodwork on the inside and a huge garden on the outside (garden in the grassy-with-lots-of-trees sense).


Alright, the big call news. I will be going to visit a family for the evening/night time on the 25th, so I should be able to call between 11 am and 2 pm in Arizona time... not sure what time exactly because of the time difference and I´ll be eating dinner with them... so I´m not sure what time we´ll be free. I love the members here. This cute little Colombian women named Paula came up to be on Saturday and asked me where I was going for Noche Buena (Christmas eve) and I told her we had someone we were visiting, but did she have a fijo telefono (land line) in her house that we could use to call our families on Christmas day? And she said yes, of course and we had to come to dinner too. I love being a missionary. This is why Christ told his disciples to not worry about clothes or food or lodging. People take care of us!


Gotta go, I´m trying to be so obedient and not be on the internet too long- os quiero muchisimo!


Hermana Diehl


7 comments:

ALYN said...

I thought maybe I should edit this post... But then I thought, most people who read this are family, so they already know. If you want me to edit it, let me know.

jjediehl said...

I think the news it out. Erin said Matt is telling everyone. So it's good. Sounds like she's doing great. Love Mom

Kori said...

Erin's already been telling everyone so don't worry about it.

Erin said...

Besides siblings and parents I've told about 6 people. I think Matt and Kori get the credit for telling the rest of the world. Not much I can do to keep it under wraps at this point. Hopefully I don't regret everyone knowing so early.

Melanie said...

Can I just ask, What are the missionaries doing in this photo??

ALYN said...

I was hoping you knew! They look crazy, considering this is a picture with new members, who are looking normal. Do they have a code phrase that says make a clever face this time?

jjediehl said...

I was wondering the same thing? I guess I should have asked Marti on Christmas but I forgot to. Mom