Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, November 30, 2009

Hola my family!


Well, my Thanksgiving was excellent, but Elder Kopischke and President and Hermana Hinckley didn´t end up coming to the feast. They had other meetings they had to deal with at the last minute. But I did get to play some tennis! I played in my skirt and everything. It was amazingly tasty and the house wasn´t just on the large side… it was huge. I didn´t get very many good photos, but I did take one of the tennis court. I hope we get to go back for Christmas and I´ll try to take more of the house… it really was amazing.


This week has been so good and we´ve seen a lot of miracles. On Saturday we found 7 new investigators (that´s a lot for one day… at least in my experience). One of them we just walked into the wrong piso thinking we were going into a member´s home… and it wasn´t… so we told them we were missionaries and asked if we could teach them about the Book of Mormon. It was amazing. It was a bunch of women from Honduras who share that piso for the weekends basically and the rest of the week they all work interna taking care of grandmas and grandpas. One of our other new investigators IS a rather old Spanish woman named Rosario. She was great. We also had several people contact US on the street and tell us they want to learn more about our church. Miracles! The conference really inspired me to be more bold and I feel like I have so much more faith in the Lord to guide us in this work. I´m also really enjoying being in a trio. Both of my companions are great missionaries and we have fun together. Today we´re going to visit a science museum and a park called Gulliver hopefully with some of the Elders.


I love you all and I´m so Thankful for you. I hope everyone is studying their scriptures and applying what they learn! They really are the words of our Heavenly Father.


I love you all, kiss the kids for me-


Hermana Diehl

5 comments:

ALYN said...

I'm considering sending a "USPS-supplied Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box." (5 3/8" x 8 1/2" X 1 3/4". Maximum weight 4 pounds.)

The cost is $12.95 or $12.30 online.

It's very thin. What are you sending? Any ideas?

The deadline: Dec 11/14 for Christmas mailing to Europe. But we should send it a week earlier, to allow time for it to reach Valencia from the mission office. So Dec. 4/7, depending on 1st class/ or Priority.

jjediehl said...

Sounds great. I'm sending 3 shirts, 1 skirt, red pj's, some photo's and a tape we made at Thanksgiving. Since she hasn't mentioned anything I thought maybe some Christmas candy or jerky. Maybe you could send the kind of stuff that goes in a Christmas stocking. Things she has requested in the past are, anti-bacterial soap (bars), apricot face wash or scrub, nylons,Missionary approved music. Maybe a new toothbrush, lotion, mascara. I don't know if she needs another journal? Hope these ideas help. Is the price you mentioned the international price? Don't break the bank and spend too much money. Love Mom

ALYN said...

Yes that's the international rate. You can go to USPS.com and type in the weight of your package to guess a shipping cost via different methods. I'm not willing to pay $30 or $40.

Melanie said...

I love the stream of consciousness style of writing - "I played in my skirt. It was tasty" jaja.

I am AMAZED by 7 new investigators in one day!! Wow! 7 in 1 week is amazing! She is rocking Valencia!!

However this does make me wonder if she didn't like being in a trio with me... hmm

jjediehl said...

Melanie, she was also complimentary when she was in a trio with you. Thanks for keeping in touch, I enjoy your comments. Marti's Mom