Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, November 2, 2009

Work

Mi Familia,


I´ve had a request to give more details about the work that I´ve been doing here in Valencia.


Hermana Church and I are working in two wards (Barrio 1 and Barrio 2 of Valencia), so we pretty much run around like crazy all day every day.


We have a lot of recent converts that we visit between the two wards... like 12 or 13. Some of them speak English (Nigerians) and many of them of course, speak Spanish. I love teaching in Spanish and I feel weird teaching in English because I am forgetting the gospel words in English. Luckily I have Hermana Church who speaks English way better than I do.


We have a lot of investigators as well. Many of them are family of our recent converts. The friend of a recent convert wants to get baptized as does the daughter of another. It´s amazing. I love being a missionary. It´s so stressful sometimes, but that´s my own fault. This really is the best work ever.


We are trying to help Barrio 2 get organized right now... lots of confusion in that ward. But I love organization, so it´s good.


We went to the Lladro factory today. I´ll send pictures next time. Love you all,


Hermana Diehl

p.s. kiss the chillens for me

1 comment:

ALYN said...

I laughed at Hermana Church speaks English way better than I do.

Does that mean she's more sophisticated than the girl from Cornville?

(I know, I know, she's just newer to the mission.)