foto 1- yo con mi nombre! Estoy en todos lados! [Me with my name! I'm everywhere!]
foto 2- estaba en Formentor (northwest corner of the island) [I was in Formentor]
foto 3- ultimo
conferencia con
los Waddell- la
familia Waddell (
menos sus hijas) y la zona
de Palma [
Last conference with the Waddells- the Waddell family (minus their daughters) and the Palma Zone]
Hola Familia-
The subject line this week is the
lema [
motto] for this transfer in the Barcelona Mission. It´s a reference to the talk that Elder Uchtdorf gave about Nehemiah in the Bible and how he wouldn´t come down from the work he was doing to meet with his enemies. We are doing a great work and we cannot come down!
Subimos el monte y no
bajamos. Como Nefi estamos intentando a estar en el monte y no en el mundo haciendo cosas del mundo. [
We climb the mountain and don't come down. Like Nephi we are trying to be in the mountain and not in the world doing the things of the world.] We are having a great transfer.
Thanks for all of the blog updates. I loved reading the story about how Kori and John met and I love the pictures of everyone´s
kids of course and of everyone´s adventures (Fort Sumter-I´m jealous!)... I only wish I could watch the videos too!
Cody- gracias por la carta en Español hermano mío. Su hija es tan guapa. Enseña la niña mi nombre cuando ella empieza hablar, bale?
Vamos a
ser buenas amigas. [
Cody- thanks for the the letter in spanish my brother. Your daughter is so beautiful. Teach her my name when she starts to talk, okay? We are going to be good friends.]
I have a question for Alyn- my mission president said in his last talk to us last week that the
Hermanas have a very important work to do
in the mission field and we have a special talent. Then he asked, ¨Why do you think there aren´t any Elders in Temple Square
?¨ I have some
reasons of course, but I wanted to hear what you, as a temple square missionary, said on the subject.
I have been enjoying reading the conference issue of the Liahona. I loved the talk by Elder Perry in the final session of conference admonishing everyone to help the missionaries :-) All of you who read my letters should read the talk ¨Bring Souls
unto Me
.¨ My favorite part is, ¨We´re missing a golden opportunity to grow the Church when we wait for our full-time missionaries to warn our neighbors instead of doing it ourselves
.¨ De
acuerdo. [
Agreed.]
Request for
mi madrecita y
papito [
mommy and daddy]: can you take a nice picture of the house and mail a printed copy to me? I want to have one to show people that Cornville isn´t a big field of corn and nothing else. I was thinking maybe one from the road
of the front of the house looking so nice as I´m sure it is these days with a brick sidewalk and plants! Muchisimas gracias.
One miracle that we saw this week,
Hermana Grant and I, is that two girls we are teaching accepted the invitation to be baptized! I´m so excited for them. One is named Dayana and she is 17, and her little sister Dana is 9. Their mom is a member, but
inactiva [
inactive] for many, many years. We´re going to visit her (the mom-
se llama Damaris [
the mom -is called Damaris]) tomorrow. I might not be here for the baptism if I get transferred in two weeks, but that´s not the important part. I´m just excited to see them and their desires to follow Christ.
Les
amo,
pero muchisimo- Besos a
los niños,
por favor- [
I love you all, alot- kisses for the kids, please-]
Hermana Diehl
No comments:
Post a Comment