Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mallorca!

Breaking news from Barcelona!
Tricia sent the following about 1.5 hours ago:

Alyn,

So, I just talked to Sister Waddell, she told me that your sister is serving on Mallorca in Palma de Mallorca
(which is the main city on the island). I haven't ever met her trainer, but Sister Waddell said she is an amazing sister.

She told me that both she and President Waddall were very impressed with your sister and could tell she was an amazing person, Sister Waddall let me know that they are very careful who they send to the island because they have to be very trustworthy. She said they felt that your sister was going to be great and would be a missionary they could trust there. She really liked her. They had quite a few missionaries come in this time, but she remembered her.

It is too bad that the Waddells go home in July but President Hinckley will be the new mission president and I am sure it will be wonderful. (Pres. Hinckley is Pres Gordon B. Hinckley's son) They are older than the Waddells (the Waddells are quite young with young kids), but that will be great because they will be able to travel the mission more.


ANyways, I thought I would let you know. As well, Sister Waddell said she was glad your sister mentioned she can and will eat anything, very good here where they will be offered crazy foods.


I better go,
Tricia


Wikipedia Entry

From the LDS Meetinghouse Locator:
C/Angel GuimerĂ¡ 55, PALMA DE MALLORCA, BALEARIC ISLANDS SPAIN

There seems to be 2 branchs in Palma, and another in Manacor.

From Google Maps:
If you type: Palma, Mallorca
Then click: Explore this area,
you can see photographs that people have taken in the area.



View Larger Map
View Larger Map


I'm so excited for Marti! What a fun first area. Very touristy. When you look at the Western Mediterranian Sea, it looks like an elephant, with Majorca [My YORK-uh]? being the eye, and the sea near Italy being the ear. Gibraltar is near the tip of the Elephant's trunk.

Let's close with a quote:

"What about what's-her=name, your friend--Yvonne?"
"On vacation in Majorca,"

(Name the situation, book and page number!)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing. That sounds very exciting. I'm pretty sure that's a Harry Potter quote. What else?!

jjediehl said...

I feel like I'm on an adventure just checking this BLOG everyday so many exciting things to think about. Thank you Alyn for keeping us informed. I don't know the quote so don't keep un in suspense too long. Love Mom

Unknown said...

I cheated and google-d your quote Alyn. It is from Harry Potter, Chapter 2 "The Vanishing Glass" but I didn't take the time to determine which book. I have no idea how you remember such things as obscure quotes in books.

I'm pretty excited for Marti, sounds like a great first area.