Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Messages from Barcelona


Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:24:17 -0600
Subject: Missionary Arrival!


Dear Families of our new missionaries,


We are pleased to inform you that your daughter has safely arrived in the Spain Barcelona Mission. Hermana Waddell and I, along with the two assistants, met her at the airport. The group of missionaries we received are wonderful young men and women, ready to go to work. Their enthusiasm reflects their love for the Savior and we are grateful for the privilege of guiding them along as they serve the Lord.


Every area in the Spain Barcelona Mission is unique and beautiful, rich in history and tradition. More importantly, each city is full of children of our Heavenly Father, waiting to hear the glad news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Thank you for the trust you have put in us to shepherd your daughter. Please know that we feel a great responsibility to guide and protect “our” missionaries. We love your sons and daughters as if they were our own. With the Lord’s help, we intend to make their mission experience in Barcelona the most memorable time of their lives.


Sincerely,

President and Hermana Waddell


Newspaper article from 3 years ago about the Waddell's


Church News Bio, also from 2006:

W. Christopher Waddell, 46, Spain Barcelona Mission; Carmel Valley Ward, Del Mar California Stake; stake president; former bishop and counselor, high councilor and missionary in the Spain Barcelona Mission. First vice president of Investments at Merrill Lynch. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., to Wayne William and Joann Barbara Fisher Waddell. Married Carol Stansel, four children.

A member of the Scout committee, Sister Waddell is a former counselor in a stake Young Women presidency, ward Primary president and counselor, and counselor in a ward Relief Society presidency. Born in Redondo Beach, Calif., to John Charles and June Renee Clark Stansel.



Also, here's a note from my mission friend, Tricia, received yesterday:

Oh! I just got off the phone with Sister Waddell and I forgot to ask her about your sister's arrival, I knew transfers were this week. With so many missionaries in our ward, and the Mission President, we tend to know the mission schedule. I will ask her this week how it all went and tell her to say "Hello" to your sister.


Where did she get sent to? The weather has been quite mild here for the last couple of days, so hopefully she will be in for a very nice spring, although I don't envy her the summer (very hot, especially if she is down in Valencia), but always beautiful.


The people here are so wonderful, the members are very friendly. You can tell I am getting a bit nostalgic, I leave in 3 weeks.


We are headed down to Texas...


IF I hear anything about your sister or see her I will be sure to send you a message.

1 comment:

Kori said...

Where did this letter come from?