Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, April 26, 2010

Re: Natural Disasters

Hey Family,

I´m sorry in advance that I didn´t leave myself a lot of time to write to you.  I was taking too long on my presidents letter- I had to give a report from an intercambio I did this last week.  I went to Elche and was with Hermana Bentley for a couple of days.  We were able to spend a day visiting this pueblo that is part of the ward that the Hermanas serve in there.  It´s called Elda and it´s a pretty little town with some really strong members.  There used to be a branch there and the members there want to have one again, so they´ve all been working really hard to reactivate people and refer their friends and neighbors to the missionaries.  They were great.

We set a baptismal goal with an investigator named David.  He´s from Spain and he´s youngish (not really sure how old- maybe 28?) and he loves the Book of Mormon.  He said ever since he started reading it he´s felt such peace and happiness and that he has a lot of faith in this book.  We´re going to help him get baptized on the 15th of May.

Last Monday night when I was in Valencia I went to visit my Mongolian family.  It was so great.  I love them so much.  They gave me this Mongolian fortune telling game with bones... it was really sweet.  Nasanbek is baptized and he´s really excited to get the priesthood so he can baptize Minjirmaa next month.  I wrote down the baptismal prayer in Spanish so he can start memorizing it.

Thanks for all you do family.  I haven´t heard from some of you in a while.  I hope you´re well- send pictures of the sobrinos.

Love,
Hermana Diehl

p.s.  I have permission to call on Father´s Day- so I´ll be doing that this year instead of Mother´s day.  I think it´s June 20th.  Dad´s turn this year!

No comments: