Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, April 5, 2010

Me encanto la Conferencia General

Querida Familia,

I was so happy and content to listen to General Conference this last weekend.  I always hate not being able to watch the last session though.  I got a letter from Hermana Grant (a.k.a. Melanie) and she mentioned some talks I didn´t hear.  I´m just grateful I guess that I can listen to the conference in my own language and normally don´t have to wait at all (unlike some languages that take time to translate).  Did anyone notice that my last mission president, President Waddell was made an area authority 70?  All of us missionaries here in Murcia were all up really close to the tv screen trying to see if we could spot him as he took his place on the stand... but they were focused on the primary presidency so we didn´t notice him.  I wonder if he´ll have to move to Utah?

We had a ton of visits this week.  The most I´ve ever had in my mission actually.  But we could still do more.  This area is set up differently than Valencia was and even though it´s a large area we can make a lot of visits much more easily because we don´t have to depend on public transportation (that takes forever in Valencia) quite as much.  We had a visit on Sunday morning with a husband and wife and he told us he would get baptized, but he wouldn´t pay tithing.  We´re working on it.  His first task is to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

What´s new with my family?  I liked the easter pictures.  Have Jesse and Mindy picked a name yet?  How about Erin and Matt?  Two names are harder than one!

Well, I´m out of time.  I love you all.

Hermana Diehl

p.s. Pte Hinckley told me that my release date is the same.  No plane ticket changes!

No comments: