Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, January 25, 2010

Pues...

Hola Familia,


Story/Miracle for the week:

we have been teaching this woman named Bulgan from Mongolia. She doesn´t really understand Castellano [Spanish], but she has the Book of Mormon and the Bible in her language, so we use them a lot and let the spirit teach her. We have been focusing on teaching her because she is ready to get baptized very soon (this Saturday, the 30th actually). The other day we brought her and her husband and their two kids to the capilla (chapel) to have a birthday party for her son and for Hna. Oliphant. We just ate some brownies and had a few little presents and such (I forgot my camera... fotos next week, vale? [photos next week, ok?]) and then they all stayed to attend the baptism of a 12 year old boy from the other ward (who I taught a few times before the reassignment to Valencia II). It was just fun to see this family so happy and smiling (even though they really don´t understand a lot). Bulgan feels the spirit so easily and her kids are really sweet. Her husband is really nice too... he just really doesn´t speak a language I speak. But we had a miracle in church yesterday. Bulgan came and sat through RS and Sunday School and listened very nicely and read along with the scriptures, then we went to the Sacrament meeting (barrio II has Church the other way around...) and I was asking the ward mission leader and a less active man we teach to sit with her and introduce themselves and the less active man (se llama Nelson [he's called Nelson]) reminded me that he can speak Russian... which Bulgan understands way better than Spanish. So he translated for her through the meeting. I loved it.


Hey, I love you all. I loved Alyn´s blog for her half-birthday (I played a significant role, no? The beloved little sister... who is bigger than Erin... but pretty soon she MIGHT be fatter than me! Maybe she´ll get to weigh more than I do for the first time since I was 12. At the end of her first pregnancy she still weighed less than me. I forgot how blonde I used to be.) I gotta go. Lots of missionary work to do.


Hermana Diehl

No comments: