Friday 9AM:
I just called Barcelona Mission. (Vonage includes international) (3 PM in Barcelona.)
I said: "Habla Engles?"
And the Elder said: "Uh, yes I do."
And then I explained that my sister is in your mission, and I'd like to know when she comes home, so I can plan to travel from Georgia to Arizona. And schedule scout camp. (Her 18-month mark is right between the June and July transfers.) He thought perhaps I was related to Hermana Henderson. But then I remembered to explain that I'm related to Hermana Diehl.
He said he'd give the phone to his companion who knows the release dates. I heard him explain my question to his companion. The second elder came on the phone, and asked how I'm related to Hermana Diehl. And then he told me her release date is: Wednesday July 28th. That it would be later if her parents pick her up. He asked if I wanted to send a message to her. I said "just tell her that we love her."
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
The school calendars won't be finalized until Spring. Based on this year, Mom may start work that Friday. Our kids may go back to school that following Thursday, 8 days post Marti.
We'll figure out our travel details sometime in the Spring! But it's nice to have a date, and tentative plan to visit Arizona the end of July/ first of August.
Cody, how long beforehand do they know the flight information?
Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thank You!!!Alyn, Love Mom
I think that means she'll be leaving Spain on July 28th (which coincidentally was the same day I left Uruguay). They don't know flight plans until about a month or month and a half before hand.
Nathan reminded me that she'll be following the sun, hence may return home the same REALLY long day, that Wednesday evening.
I can't believe you called her mission office Alyn, you are a nut! Then you attempted to speak spanish asking if he spoke english, pretty funny.
Well, what if it was a native spanish speaking elder? I wouldn't want to just launch into ENGLISH without any consideration.
I'm glad you find my lack of Spanish amusing.
I realize that most Europeans and most missionaries speak English.
But you can still run across people that aren't fluent speakers. There are missionaries in the church that don't know a lick of English.
Post a Comment