What a good phone call yesterday! I wish that everyone could have been there, but don´t worry, I understand. Happy Mother´s Day to all... I really only wished MY mother a happy mother´s day... but I meant to tell everyone.
Hermana Henderson told me that I won´t really need my CD player because every piso (apartment) has one that belongs to the piso. So, don´t worry about sending the CD player madre. However lots of CDs would be excellent. Like I said any Tabernacle Choir is okay, any EFY before 2005 (not sure what happened to EFY music since 2005, but my mission president won´t have any of it), classical is good... and I´d really like that lullaby CD that Charlotte has (it was on my iPod before I wasn´t allowed to listen to my iPod anymore... and I miss it).
So, the phone card wasn´t really working for me... and it was probably my own fault for not figuring it out sooner... but since it´s really cheap to call from Spain to the USA (seriously cheap) I think I´ll send it to Alyn and Nathan in case they want to use it while they´re in Germany or wherever they go adventuring to. Unless there´s someone else who really needs it who will be leaving the country soon?
I told dad I would tell more about the island in my email today... but honestly, I think you could find out more on the internet than I could tell you... could one of my computer-savvy siblings look some things up for him? Maybe you could post it on the blog and all of my friends who read it can see where in the world Hermana Diehl is as well.
There´s lots of work to do here. Lots of miracles in my mission this month (´mes de milagros´ we are calling it). We´re working hard, teaching lots, and I love it. It´s also getting quite hot and humid. Yeah summer!
The only other thing I wanted to say is that I love you all very much and remember to give the ninos kisses from me, ¿vale? (vale means okay... and it´s very Spain-Spanish and I love it.)
Hermana Diehl
p.s. the picture is from last dia de preparacion... the puppeteers for the pinata are my zone leaders... and I did not meet with success in my efforts to free the candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment