Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, May 18, 2009

Barcelona

Querida Familia [Dear Family],


Tomorrow my whole zone is travelling to Barcelona for a combined zone conference with one of the larger zones on the peninsula. I´m excited to visit my bags that have been sitting in the mission office since March with most of my stuff. I need to trade out a few things that I don´t need anymore and bring back a few essentials (like a new toothbrush and floss). I think I´m going to get to see my CCM [MTC] companion Hermana Brown! I´m pretty excited since we´re a little isolated out here.


I was so sad to read that my bird died. Thanks for taking care of her for me when I wasn´t there madre.


Thanks to all of my siblings for the great blog updates. I love the pictures so much. Que bonita es mi familia. Besos a los ninos, por favor. [How beautiful my family is. Kisses for the kids, please.]


It´s getting pretty hot here. Not looking forward to July and August!


Hey Alyn- one of my zone leaders is from Germany- from just outside of Hamburg. I was going to ask him for advice on where you should go when you were near his city... but it doesn´t sound like you´ll be there. But I must admit I haven´t studied my Germany-and-surrounding-area map in a while... so maybe I´m wrong. I´ve been trying to write a snail mail letter, I´ll ask him for some tips on the cities you listed on the blog.


Sorry I don´t have a ton to say today. La proxima vez espero que tengo mas noticias para compartir. [Next time I hope I have more news to share.] The only exciting thing to share about the missionary work is that a woman who´s been coming to church for several weeks now (she has some friends in the branch) finally stayed for all three of the meetings yesterday and she loved it. She also has a friend that she wants us to start teaching. It´s excellent. We´re gonna help her be converted and get baptized!


Love you all,
Hermana Diehl

No comments: