Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, April 13, 2009

Una Mezcla

My Zone here in las Islas Baleares con Presidente y Hermana Waddell


My district on top of a local tourist trap: Elders Carpenter, Zickler, Kidman, Morales, and Hermanas Henderson y Diehl (Alyn says: notice the view is over the bay, similar to the picture at the top of the blog!)

That same tourist trap with the sun shining behind it


The park in Madrid that we always went to while I was at the CCM


A tourist trap in Barcelona... I don´t know what it´s called. I love the architecture here though. Love it.


Hola Familia!


I don´t really have a theme for this weeks´ letter... not sure I ever really do... so es una mezcla (it´s a mix).


Primero- I wanted to ask for tips on what my siblings and siblings-in-law did to learn their mission language (if it wasn´t English)... I am learning, but I want to learn faster so I can be more effective, so por favor- digame.


Segundo- I was thinking about how many different countries are represented here in Spain. Of the ones I´ve met, there are people from: Spain, Italy, France, Bulgaria, Germany (lots and lots of the tourists here in Mallorca are from Germany), Romania, Ukraine, UK (more tourists and a few people that have moved here), virtually every country in all of North, Central, and South America, and lots of countries in Africa too. I love it. I get to hear so many different accents. Sometimes it´s funny to me that I keep trying to learn the Spain-Spanish accent since I really don´t hear it that much.


Tercero- I told you all last week that they have parades for Semana Santa... and I decided that I should correct myself. There not so much parades as processions of really sad, crazily dressed Catholics. It´s quite a show, but there´s really sad music and nobody smiles. I only saw a tiny glimpse of one since they last about 6 hours and go until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.


Quarto- madre, how´s my bird and the perros? I was also vaguely wondering what was going on with my taxes (hopefully I got a return this year) and school stuff... but if all is well, I don´t need to hear anything about it. Thanks for taking care of my stuff for me while I´m gone, you´re my favorite mom.


I love you mi familia, I´m gonna try to write more real letters to you all soon-

Hermana Diehl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's going on? Marti didn't write this week? Bummer :(