Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Monday, April 27, 2009

Por La Lluvia

Mi Querida Familia,


We were going to go to Soller today (it´s a port/tourist town here on the island) but... por la lluvia no es una buena idea (due to rain it isn't a good idea). Entonces (so), we´re going to go bowling (I don´t know how to say ¨bowling in Spanish).




1- Me in front of a really old building in Valldemossa
2- Me in front of a new house in Valldemossa... I thought that Dad might like it since it was made entirely out of stone
3- A window decoration in a shop, and you can tell we were in a tourist town because the sign was in English
4- A small little art gallery with a man from St. Petersburg... the art was alright, but I just liked the half-dome design in the architecture


I enjoyed Erin and Alyn´s blogs (I like your childrens´ blonde hair too Al). Why don´t all of my siblings set up there blogs so I get their entries sent to my email (have I said this before?) Sorry if I´m repeating myself... I just like to see what´s going on sometimes.


I´m excited to hear about the changes at the house mis padres (my parents)- no more tarps? Really?! Wow. That´s big news. Y por favor, envien fotos de la acera y el jardin cuando puedan, ¿vale? (And please, send pictures of the sidewalk and the garden when when you can, okay?) Jesse- por favor, ayudales hacer este para mi? Al mejor, ya tu estas ayudando con los dos (Jesse- please, help them do this for me? Maybe, you're already helping with both.)


Tell Anna I said happy bridal shower, would you mom? I´m sad I can´t be there, but I hope I´ll get to see pictures of the wedding! Will you send me her mailing address mom?


Tambien, me hace falta fotos de dos de mis sobrinas (Charlotte y Eliza) para traer a citas a mostrar a la gente (Also, I am in need of pictures of two of my neices (Charlotte and Eliza) to bring to appointments to show to the people) . Erin and Cody, would you be able to get some cute snapshots printed to send me? I don´t have any hard copies to show people! Gracias.


I have an exciting story to share: last Friday we were making contacts and we talked to this woman named Guadalupe who used to be a nun... but isn´t anymore... and we told her that we had a the Book of Mormon to share with her the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she said, ¨Es verdad. Que hago?¨ ("It is true. What do I do?") And we went to visit her at her house on Saturday and we taught her about the Restoration and asked her if she wanted to be a part of Christ´s true church and be baptized, and she said ¨Si, cuando?¨ ("Yes, when?) And she came to church on Sunday and we´re going to visit her today. She has a goal to be baptized on the 16th of May... but we still have to teach her a lot... including some commandments that I think she might have problems with since I don´t think she´s married to her ¨pareja¨ ('partner') and she might smoke... But I´m so excited!


Tengo que terminar familia- les quiero, como siempre, (I have to finish family- I love you, like always)


Hermana Diehl

1 comment:

Kori said...

Yeah, she's wearing that shirt that
Erin and I chose for her!