In Arizona I lived in an oven (un horno) in the summertime. Here I am living in a sauna. It was over 40 degrees celsius here the other day... which is over 100 degrees for those of us who use ferenheit (I cannot spell either of those temperature measuring words...) It´s been toasty. In a wet kind of way. For this I am sending two pictures of me getting very close to the cool, wet water... and not touching it. :-)
I need some more addresses (thanks mom for the last ones). I wrote a letter to Anna (now Canning) and also to the Grant and Donnie Tayrien family. Thanks for the help. I should probably just get all of the family addresses so I can write to all of my aunts and uncles.
It´s been a good week and a bit of a long week. Now that we are three working together here we´ve been able to do some inter-cambios (splits) and teach lots of people. But the days where we don´t have very many citas (what do they call them in English? Appointments? Because in Spanish cita means a few things... no sé [I don't know]) those days are rather long and especially hot walking around in the streets. The buses here are air-conditioned... but sadly we don´t have a lot of need for the bus in this particular area. I´m pretty sure that most of the other areas I will use the bus or the metro more. Until then, I walk. With my two companions. One of the members referred to us as ¨un ejército¨['an army'] approaching people´s doors with so many of us.
The best part of this week was that our investigator Wilson has a baptismal date set for August 8th. It´s a little hard for him because his wife is Catholic and doesn´t want to listen when we teach. We´ve been praying and trying to help him feel the spirit and recognize how important it is to take this step in his life.
I´ve been enjoying my time here in the mission. I have great companions and the members are the best. I love where I´m serving too. It´s a good life.
Les quiero por una semana más[I love you for one more week]-
Hermana Diehl
2 comments:
I can relate. I spent 16 months in a sauna, just in the southern hemisphere and we never had A/C even in our apartments.
Did you all see the news today? There was a small terrorist bomb that went off in Palma de Mallorca killing 2 police officers. I guess a few other people were injured, none of them seriously.
Post a Comment