Marti served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is a way for her friends and family to read her emails home, see some pictures, and glimpse Marti's missionary work.


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I guess I can email after all...

Hola Familia,

It's my p-day today and I guess that, despite what my call letter said, I CAN email people. It's still good to get real mail though. My snail mail address is something like (I don't have it with me, exactly, but this will get letters to me):
Hermana Marti Diehl
Spain Barcelona Mission
MTC Box# 154
2005 North 900 East
Provo, UT 84604


I leave the Provo MTC on January 27th to go to the Spain MTC in Madrid. Both of my companeras right now (we are a threesome) are from Utah and are going to the Spain Madrid Mission. Actually all of the 5 other girls in my room are from Utah. Not surprising though. I have seen a few other Elders and Hermanas around that are going to the Barcelona mission though, so I won't be alone when I get there.

We've had some very packed days and I've slept very well at night! I get along well with my comanions. We've already practiced teaching together several times (in English) and know how to pray, testify, and contact people in Spanish. My ear for hearing Spanish (thanks siblings!) has been rather helpful so far. I'm able to teach my companions a little bit, but the knowledge I have is soon to be surpassed by what we're being taught in class.

Thanks to the Gammons (John's parents) for sending me a box of cookies! It got here on Thursday (the day after I arrived) and I was able to share with my district. Thanks to Cody for the 'Dear Elder' letter the day after that! I appreciated your advice and am trying to use it as I learn from my teachers (Hermano Crane and Hermano Harrison - they're great teachers.) And thanks mom for your letter and for sending my medical information! To answer your questions:

I don't know if there were any other missionaries on my flight... but I don't think so.
There were two other missionaries on my shuttle from the airport. A sister from CA who is going to Temple Square (there seem to be a lot of them around here), and an Elder from ID who is going to Baltimore, MD Spanish speaking.
And I already answered the other questions above.

I'm glad to be here and love all the people that I get to learn from and with. I have a great district and zone. My companions and I are the only Hermanas in the whole zone... but it's fun. Our district seems to be the a little more well behaved having us there... but the other districts are still good.

I'm learning a lot about relying on the Spirit to guide me. I want to be good at everything NOW... so I guess I'm practicing my patience as well. I love all the gospel study time I've had and wish I could have more most days.

I love you all. I'm sorry if I got anyone's email wrong, please make sure that it got to everyone, mom and dad. I would love letters from all of you... emails are okay, but I don't have a lot of time on the computer to READ the emails, so letters are much more convenient for me while I'm at the MTC, just FYI.

Hermana Diehl

No comments: